Error message ‘PROCESSING FAILED’ on my Samsung phone:
I wrote this article so that hopefully this will help other people.
Because I had to contact Samsung support several times and was eventually sent to a service point for recovery WHILE THIS IS NOT NECESSARY.
ONLY SWITCH OFF WIFI is sufficient.
From the start: The whole story started with changing the password of my Samsung account which I use on my phone.
My Samsung phone only gave the message ‘PROCESSING FAILED’ when entering the changed password. I had googled this and here all sorts of disturbing results emerged that the phone would have to be reset to factory settings.
I thought this was crazy and that’s why I called the support line from Samsung. First called a 088 number, there I explained the problem. The employee immediately said that the telephone should be reset to factory settings. I again said that my phone was usable but that it was not possible to connect to Samsung services from my phone. I was able to log in via the browser.
After some more protesting, the friendly lady gave me the number of account services from Samsung. I called the number of account services and explained again to explain what was wrong. They would send me a link via email to reset my password. According to the employee, this could help, but it could take a few minutes for the mail to arrive. The e-mail would also state how to proceed if the password reset would not help.
After waiting fifteen minutes I had not received any mail. Again called to ask for help. While I was still on the phone, the mail was sent, but resetting did not help. The lady told me that the only thing that remained as a solution was to go to a Samsung service point or to have a log file built by the phone and send it in. I asked where a service point was but then she told me to call the 088 number again for this information. I thanked her for the service and started looking for a solution myself …
Conclusion: The WIFI network that I was connected with caused the error. I only disabled WIFI and used 4G, the problem was solved.